I used to be a pretty good softball player. Let me stress the "used to be" part. This is a really difficult realization for me, because I love softball, but my body is telling me to hang up my glove.
I played on a Corporate Challenge softball team in early June, and after two grueling days of playing back to back tournaments in the hot sun, I thought I was going to die. On my last time up to bat on the last game of the day, I tripped rounding first base. I heard my ankle go "POP," and I fell to the ground. Long story short, I tore a ligament in my ankle (see attached disgusting photo), and had to wear an air cast for several weeks. It is now mid-July, and my foot is still swollen, and I am still limping around. I suppose this is going to be one of those lifelong ailments that is affected by rain and cold weather. Groan.
Some of you may remember that during another Corporate Challenge game a few years ago, a foul ball hit me in the face and broke my nose. Hmm, is somebody upstairs trying to tell me something? (GOD: "Helllloooo? Do you need me to write this on a tablet? GIVE IT UP.")
No comments:
Post a Comment