I was listening to NPR this afternoon (insert eye-roll here), and they aired an interesting piece for Valentine's Day. They challenged listeners to sum up their love lives in exactly six words. The idea (and subsequent book) was inspired by novelist Ernest Hemingway, who, when asked to write a full story in six words, responded: "For Sale: baby shoes, never worn." (Awww.)
Six words can be surprisingly telling. Here were a few of my favorite submissions from the show:
Our prison visitations were surprisingly romantic.
Silently suffered his facial hair experiments.
Tried men. Tried women. Like cats.
Leap of faith. Crap, no parachute!
Palindromantically: Eros saw I was sore.
I started thinking about my own love life and hubby-honey. What six words could encompass our sixteen year relationship?
Radio station. Eyes met. Kismet. Love.
Won't rub my feet. But sweet.
Gravity. PMS. Muffin top. Still here!
Faithful. Loving. Funny. Cute. Mine. Always.
Handsome husband. Beautiful daughter. Happy Mama.
Always knew he was the one.
I'm interested to hear a six word summation of your love life. Hope you'll post a comment or two!
3 comments:
Through my heartbreak, I found him.
Our separate pain brought us together.
I'm crazy. He loves me anyway!
A snuggle fest of ten years.
Spicy romance interrupted by noisy cats.
He doesn't mind my spongy butt.
Ate food. Moved in. Still there.
Try to do it. Cat screams.
Every I Other Love Word Carey
Post a Comment