Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's All Downhill From Hair


It finally happened. As I was washing my hands in the bathroom at work today, I looked in the mirror and saw something shiny on the top of my head. "That's odd," I thought. "I must have applied way too much Aqua Net this morning." But upon closer inspection, I was stunned to learn that I had my ... First. Gray. Hair. (And I don't mean the cute, fuzzy bunny variety.)

This couldn't be happening! I immediately plucked the offensive thing out of my head and stared. The strand had a weird zebra pattern to it. Brown. White. Brown. White. Brown. What the heck did THAT mean? Do I have some dread disease of the hair follicles? What if all of my hair started to grow in random stripe patterns? Don't horizontal stripes make you look fat? Aaagh!

I ran back to my office and instant-messaged my husband. He took the news in stride and didn't seem to realize what a milestone moment this was for me.

But you girls get it, don't you? DON'T YOU?

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

OH, I am sorry Jocelyn. But never fear just one... and if more come, just "highlight" has been my motto! HA! You have such a gift for writing. I just love to read your blog. ...Rhonda

Carey said...

I can commiserate with you: A few weeks ago Jennifer asked me how I'd managed to dump a bottle of white out in my hair...and then she looked horrified as she realized it wasn't white out!

Jagged Diary said...

Welcome to the club! It sucks :o(