Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008: Healy

Since the extended Schadel family is getting so big, we decided to hold Thanksgiving out at Camp Lakeside. We were able to use the brand new (fabulous) dining hall, and made the entire Thanksgiving meal in less than three hours! (Thanks to the huge professional kitchen with convection ovens, multiple stoves, walk-in refrigerator, industrial dishwasher - the works!)

All twenty of us were able to sleep, relax and watch movies in the staff bunkhouse...when we weren't eating, that is. The kids spent a large amount of time running around the camp, exploring the bluffs and swinging on the World's Largest Glider. I learned to "let go" as a mom, and actually allowed Allie out of my sight to go wild with her cousins. The set-up was absolutely perfect, and I'm hoping that we can spend Christmas out at Lakeside, too.

We did have one scary moment, when Jeremy's youngest boy, Liam, had a horrible asthma attack and ended up going to the hospital for a few days. He's okay now, and is a brave little duffer.

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Oh I just love these! thanks so for sharing! That is the best place!!! We turkeyed here in Iola. Hope all is well back in KC... I just can't stop watching all the cuzes!!!

Libby said...

love the pics - cant wait to see the new hall - I hear its fabulous! the lauren and allie pics are too cute!