And here's what happens when you let a preschooler decorate her own cookie. I call this one, "Frosty the Demonic, Hairy-Chested Snow Ghoul." I think I'll have nightmares for a week. Allison also licked her frosting spoon repeatedly and coughed on the end product. "That one's yours," I sighed.
The whole process made me very tired. Allie got bored about 10 minutes into decorating, and I was secretly thankful, because I found myself turning into "no-fun, yelling mom." ("QUIT LICKING THE SPOON," "STOP EATING THE DOUGH," "FOR PETE'S SAKE, COVER YOUR MOUTH WHEN YOU COUGH," "IS THAT A BOOGER ON YOUR FINGER?," etc.)
I should also mention that the cookies came out hard as a rock. I don't even think dunking them in milk can salvage them.
Though the experience made me feel inadequate as both a 1) mother and 2) cookie decorator, that doesn't stop me from wanting to make THESE...possibly the cutest snowman cookie ever:
6 comments:
I too have tried those darned cookies and much to the same demise...So I let Aunt Deanna do that back in the "old" days...ha... and now can buy pretty ones at Renee's Bakery.... So made Chex mix with the kids... Something I could kinda do... and they all loved... Just gotta find the right thing for you 2...;-} I just love reading this! You and Stacey are gifted writers..and Ali just gifted!!!
So I hope these cookies won't make their way into the office as yummy "leftovers"...LOL...Good effort though, they are cute in their own way.
That's funny...I had the same experience this past weekend when I had to make 10 dozen cookies for a cookie exchange party. I let Audrey decorate with the sprinkles, but she kept eating them and when she actually put them on the cookies, she would just dump them on in a big pile. :)
It's a cookie-wreck!!! LOL!
hahaha! I have so had the same experience with kalo - he proceeds also to lick all the frosting b/c he is SO addicted to sugar (how does that happen - I tried everything to not make it so) and then run around like a possessed maniac!
Do you Auntie Em's famous sugar cookie recipie with sour cream. Those cookies don't get hard and look just like the picture when decorated. Not saying which picture. Auntie Em
Post a Comment