Sunday, September 27, 2009

Sorry we haven't posted anything for a long time, so here's some goats

This blog thing used to be my wife's project, and she was pretty good about keeping it updated - pictures of Allie, trips we've taken, the usual stuff you might expect on a blog (did I mention that I hate the word "blog"?) However, somewhere along the way, she discovered Facebook, and her interest level in the blog dwindled down to somewhere in the ZERO range. Sure, she promises to update it, but I don't think she can be trusted. So based on her affair with Facebook, I guess it's now up to me to keep everyone updated on the mundane events in our less mundane lives. At some point, I'm sure we'll post pictures of our summer trips to western Kansas, wheat harvest, Fireman Fun Day, vacation to Florida, etc. For now, I'll just kick off the return to glory with a shot of my neighbors deck. There's nothing particularly fancy about his deck. It just so happens to be the current resting area for two goats. Yeah, goats. Plural. With a 'g'. As in, not 'boats' or 'coats'. Oh, and here's the best part - our neighbor has his back door standing wide open for the goats to come and go as they please. So of course, it raises a few questions: Are they pet goats? Supper goats? Goats who are holding my neighbor hostage? Why am I creeping around in my own house in order to take pictures? And where did I lose my car keys in 1987? So many questions, so few answers. Anyway, I just wanted to provide everyone some photographic evidence that we weren't smoking the funny cigarettes when we said our neighbor has farm animals in his yard from time to time. Oh, and by the way, we're really not snobs. We don't rub elbows with the Rockefellers, Trumps, or Buffets. We have your basic middle class home with two cars, one kid, one cat and a mortgage. Who am I to judge? Maybe they think we're the weird ones for not having goats in our house.




No comments: