Thursday, January 22, 2009

Hold Your Applause

I can't even begin to imagine the circumstances that brought about this product:




BILL: "Hey there, Bob. Sorry to hear that you got downsized."
BOB: "Thanks, Bill. Yep, times are pretty tough right now. Not sure how I'm going to feed my family or pay the mortgage."
BILL: "I hear that. I had to pawn off my rare collection of Vanilla Ice memorabilia just to buy a sandwich."
BOB: "Man, that's rough." (sighs loudly) "Gosh, I wish we could feel better about ourselves...without really, you know, doing anything to improve our situation."
BILL: "Ya. If only there was a way to get complete strangers to shout generic, empty words of encouragement at me, while I nod emphatically and mutter, "Yes! YESSSS!!"
BOB: "Or, better yet, something that would enable me to watch General Hospital in my underwear to the sound of thunderous applause!"
SIMULTANEOUSLY: (pumping fists in air) "CHEERS TO YOU!"

No comments: