Saturday, July 7, 2007

Bloggety blog blog blog

Stacy and I both consider ourselves pretty savvy when it comes to techie stuff - I mean, we own a computer, tons of software, a digital camera, gobs of electronic gadgets, and we can navigate a Google or MapQuest search with the best of 'em.

So why has it taken us so long to create this blog, when everyone else and their dog** already has one? (**to coin a favorite phrase from my mom)

Well, I'm embarrassed to admit that I wasn't really sure what a "blog" was until a few months ago. I actually had to Google the word to find out that it is basically a glorified version of a diary.

In our case, the definition of a blog is: A site created specifically so that grandparents, aunts, uncles, family and friends can view all the latest cute things that Allison has said, done, conspired to do, or contemplated.

I feel just a little bit smarter knowing all this. Now can someone just explain to me what the heck is so appealing about MySpace?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Hartzog Bloggers! Finally got
this dinosaur computer to work well enough to get to your blog.
As Allison's grandma, I think that
all of the pictures are adorable!
I always enjoy the "latest" pictures, anecdotes, and jokes that come from your household.
It is the next best thing to cuddling Allison and getting a hug
from you and Stacy. Love from Mom